Stacking or Adjacent Cabinets
What happens when you need an extra tall cabinet? Or different depths? The answer is to use multiple cabinets, similar to how kitchens are constructed.
- Since the cabinets are made from 3/4" thick plywood, you can screw adjacent cabinets together anywhere with screws.
- Stacking cabinets vertically will require securing top shelves to bay supports.
- Tall stacked cabinets MUST be also secured to the wall to prevent front tipping.
- Trim can be used to conceal seams in cabinets on ends.
- Sometimes walls aren't square, so often attaching the cabinets together first, then shimming the back to wall joint is necessary.