Design your Own Furniture with our Free Woodworking Software
Scroll down for more tips and information. Click the Complete tab to either download the plan and/or order the precut pieces.
Shelf Configurator Tips
- Ordering "blank" panels - set bay=0 to enable single panel mode
- Adjusting space underneath bottom shelf: On some browsers, the option to adjust the space under the bottom shelf is cut off. Try pressing "tab" immediately after selecting Bottom = Yes to view this option.
- If ordering through Shelf Help, the front edges will be finished and can be painted or stained
- All vertical panels (sides and dividers) are continuous and equal the height of the project, unless a top or bottom is added
- All horizontal panels (shelves) are the width of the bay
- All panels are 3/4" thick, but thickness could vary to .705 If you have many dividers, this may affect the top (could be slightly too long) but this can be field cut down easily.
- No pocket holes or shelf pin holes can be drilled at the factory
- Zoom in or out by rolling your mouse scroll button
- Rotate by clicking and holding down the right mouse button on the design, then moving your mouse
- Shelf lengths shorter than 12" may be hard to attach, as your drill may not fit in less than 12"
- Shelf lengths longer than 36" may sag without additional reinforcement
- If you are having trouble with the configurator, please try a different browser and see if that helps.